Title Creating Values for All Through IT
Theme “Creating Values for All Through IT” is intended to encourage researchers to reflect on future technologies that create value by transferring and diffusing new functionality, features and capability, in new forms, and to larger groups of users and customers.
New phenomena that have the potential to extend our perspective on value creation include: platforms for third-party development, internet of things, green IS, smart cities, social media, and cloud computing. Contexts in which IT is used becomes increasingly complex, uncertain, and differentiated. These are just a few examples. This conference will provide a forum for consideration and evaluation of new and radical innovations and allow researchers to consider values and value creation in the context of advanced utilisation of future and enabling information technologies.
The IFIP 8.6 Conference 2014 aims at promoting scientific excellence and practical implications on transfer and diffusion of information technology and invites academics and practitioners to extend our research-based knowledge on this topic. The conference will feature an exciting program of scientific papers, keynotes, panels and ample opportunity for networking.
Topics of interest include The conference welcomes any contribution within the general theme of the working group 8.6. In particular for this conference we welcome contributions addressing the conference theme. This includes but are not limited to:
- Technical, organisational and human challenges related to a shift from product to service innovation within industry and public sector.
- Strategic and operational benefits and challenges related to organisational acceptance and diffusion of trends such as open data, cloud computing, social media, and third-party development platforms.
- New and sustainable business models for information systems focused on self-service systems, user-generated services, open government data, and green IT.
- Reflections on how today’s new trends are creating value for all, e.g., democratising society and empowering citizens.
- Case studies, action research and design science research on values created through IT, diffusion and adoption of IT, and innovation of IT.
Accepted papers will be published in proceedings by Springer in the IFIP AICT series. Selected papers will have the opportunity to be fast-tracked to a major journal.
Submission deadline: November 23, 2013.